Saturday, February 2, 2008

From the mouth of babes

As Mike and I were watching President Hinkley's funeral, Payton came over and wanted to know what was going on. We explained that President Hinkley died and that he is now up in heaven w/ Heavenly Father and Jesus. Some time went by and I asked Payton who is President Hinkley w/? His response floored me. He said... "Grandma Great."
The crazy thing about that is, I haven't said much to Payton about Grandma Great. I think we might have been going through pictures and she was in them and I mentioned that she had died as well, but that was months ago.
Needless to say that the emotional funeral of President Hinkley got a little more emotional for us.

3 comments:

Aunt T said...

What a wonderful story - and it was especially nice to hear Mike's take during his testimony. Thanks for sharing such an uplifting moment.

Have you had a chance to read the RS lesson yet? It is incredible and, as usual, above my head? LOL. Did you get your VT assignment? Bonnie F. and I are partners and we visit Sharon S., Liz B., and Diane S. I'm looking forward to it!

See ya, Tracey

Anonymous said...

That's great it's amazing how much they comprehend at such a young age. I know when I showed Colby yesterday who was taking over as prophet he had nothing else to say but I want president Hinckley. It was difficult trying to explain to him that it was elder Monson's turn to take over and he would do just as good of a job as Pres Hinckley did.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.