As you all know teaching a 2 year old how to pray can be a ChAllEnGinG at times. Every night we kneel down w/ Payton and try to explain that we need to show Heavenly Father we love him by folding our arms, closing our eyes and kneeling down. I feel like I haven't taught him anything because everynight it is the same thing... "Payton we are saying prayer's we need to listen and be reverent." Ya'll know what I am talking about RiGhT?
Well tonight the missionaries stoped by for a bit and before they left they asked if we could say a prayer. Sure no big deal! Payton quickly folds his arms and closes his eyes (it actually looks more like he is squinting, he has watched Mike and I during prayer's I guess). He is sitting on his bike very reverently when Xoie comes up to his bike and start's climbing up. All of a sudden Mike and I hear "Xoie, no Shhh, say prayer's. Talk to Heavenly Father. UHH!" We heard it over and over during the prayer and couldn't stop laughing. (It was a quiet laugh)
I was VeRY PlEAseD to know that I have taught him something, It also was very cute and rewarding to see such a little man try to teach his sister something about Heavenly Father.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
That made me laugh out loud!! I wish I would have been there. Next time we get together, we will have to pray. So I went on the "What Not to Wear" website and you can do a mom and daughter makeover. You could apply for that one. How fun would that be. My mom dresses way too cute or I would do it.
So sweet. Hopefully we'll get a pay off like that soon!
Sounds like you are miles ahead of C.J. and me. Matt has actually regressed in the prayer department. I think he is getting confused, though, in his defense. At church and home we fold our arms, bow our head, etc., whereas at school, he folds his hands and sometimes sings his prayer to 'God', not Heavenly Father. I noticed the point totals--is someone out to get the Dornys, or do we just suck at 6 pack? (don't answer that)!
Post a Comment