Monday, September 15, 2008

...ViSiToRs...



So my mom and sister Amy came out to visit the begining of September and we had a BlAsT! We spent a couple of days in Washington D.C. and enjoyed the sites there. Sorry no pictures, I forgot to take my camera out and I also forgot to get pics from their camera's. Oh well.
While in D.C. we were able to go up to the top of the Washington memorial. You could see EveRyThinG from up there. We even spotted the Temple. What a site that was! It's crazy that in our world today the safest feeling comes from just seeing the House of the Lord.
On the way home we got stuck in the storm. It was raining so hard. All of us were a little nervous. It took us a little longer to get home, thanks to a kid that spun out infront of us and almost caused a head on collision, but thanks to my AmaZinG driving we got home safe!
Sunday we went to church and Amy was able to experience a branch for the first time. It's a little shocking at first, but she stuck it out and had a great time.
Monday Amy and I started pulling weeds and it turned into an all day project. Thanks to my mom for watching the kids we were able to pull out some bushes in the front of the house and plant some more plants and flowers. Amy you are a lifesaver! I have been trying to get Mike to help me pull them out the whole time we have been here, but it's been a year and nothing. So THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!
Tuesday they were going home. It was a hard goodbye for me. I didn't want them to leave. I don't know when we are going to go back to UT, so I will miss them. Not just them, but the whole family.
Thank you both for the fun week and hopefully we can do it again.

3 comments:

brees said...

Amber, HI! Sarah told me about your blog. Oh, your family is so cute! I would love to visit with you and see what you have been up to! Brooke Blanchard Rees

Nicole said...

It was so fun to meet them! The pictures of Payton and Zo on the plane are adorable!

Hillary Luke said...

I remember seeing the D.C. temple and it was amazing! We saw it at night. Hunter was 3 months and we flew back east. Your slideshows are great! Love ya! Hill