Saturday, May 3, 2008

Our project filled week!






Mike and I were blessed to find a house w/ an amazing deck in the backyard. We have been looking for patio furniture, but have had absolutely no luck because it is rediculously overpriced. So we decided to make benches that went along the perimeter of the deck for seating, but then realized that we needed a table. We were at Ikea and found wooden planks that we could have easily made into a table. The problem was that the planks were too expensive for us right now. My Husband being the man that he is says... "Why don't we just make it!" It sounded like it wouldn't be to hard so we did it. Mike had the week off this week and here is what we accomplished! It turned out just how we thought it would. We had some families over last night from the branch and the table is big enough to allow 8 people sitting and eating as well as it being a serving table. We love it. (Oh, for the people in Utah, check out the GREEN grass in the background!:)

7 comments:

The Dorny Family said...

We are super-impressed with the table. You should see what we accomplished on our week off...oh, wait, nothing! We've got to come see the deck...

Lyndsie said...

wow!! what a handy man you have!! it turned out great!! i'm sure you'll get plenty of good use out of it!!

tiffany and darren said...

I am soooo impressed!! That handy man thing skipped right over me and Darren. Now we know who to call if we have any problems in our house. :)

Me and the Boys said...

All I have to say is WOW. You guys are amazing! My house next please!

Shellee said...

Sora Hansen, Ce faci!!!!!! I was so excited to get you comment. I haven't check my blog in a while. Of course I haven't forgot you. I actually think about you often and others from the mission but don't know how to get a hold of people. Yeah. I am adding you to my blog. We are in columbus,OH. I love it here. I will put an update on my blog. WE should talk sometime. I can't believe you have two kids. Deva just turned three and she is so busy that I haven't had any others yet. Soon though, I don't want them too spaced out. I will check out your blog often. I am going to look on sallie's after I am done writing this. Te pup

Mama Thompson said...

That table is fabulous! I love it...It took David all last summer to build a deck...can't imagine something that great only taking a week. Teri

Unknown said...

Amber and Mike, that is pretty impressive. I just looked through your entire online journal. I think that i liked the "stair surfing" the best.
Lessley Teeples sent me this link. Amber, email me at dave8915@gmail.com